Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Another Good Day

It seems that I'm on an upward trend this week.  Bella still isn't sleeping well; last night was still about every hour waking but much easier to comfort so no one stayed up too much.  Even with that, today I felt pretty good.  Or rather, I felt "normal".  I'm tired, it was hard to get moving this morning, and I can really feel the lack of sleep, but it feels very much like I did before my diagnosis.  Baby life can just kick your butt sometimes!

So today my dad took Bella and I out to lunch (thank you dad!) and then a quick errand.  Then we dropped him off at home and headed home.  I needed to make a quick stop at the grocery store on the way home and as I was unloading Bella from the car, I felt almost giddy.  Part of it was the amazing weather we had today (sunshine was SO missed) and part of it was the realization that I felt normal.  My hair hasn't fallen out, my energy was good, I was out on my own with my baby running an errand, and it felt so good!  We even went for a family walk this evening when Nick got home.  Although I am horrendously out of shape, it felt good to get out and move.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to have some more "normal" time and even hit up the farmers market and mommy group (what had been my routine on Thursdays).  Let's hope Bella sleeps some tonight so getting up in the morning isn't too challenging!  This weekend I'm aiming towards date night on Saturday and my friend Olivia's baby shower on Sunday!  Must keep hydrated and well nourished though in preparation for Monday.  Sister KC is coming up to spend Monday with us, so I can look forward to some quality time with her on Sunday evening too!  Life after chemo- so far so good.  I'll take one rough week and one good week.  If the good week is this good- I think I'm doing outstanding.  =)

1 comment:

  1. I can feel your energy in this post! I hope you got some sleep last night and make it to the farmer's market and mommy group today! Yay for date night on Saturday!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete