Thursday, March 24, 2011

Insomnia...

This is the second night in a row that I've been lying in bed awake starting at about 5am. Last night I blamed it on anxiety from having Bella away from me for the second night in a row. I took an Ativan, calmed my stomach with a sip of kefir, and eventually fell back asleep. Tonight (today?) I'm writing this snuggled close to my baby. I've taken the Ativan and my stomach feels okay, yet sleep eludes me.

I can't help but wonder should I have pushed myself to do more yesterday? Perhaps too much rest and not enough activity is causing this. But considering I didn't even close my eyes until midnight, I'm guessing not. I keep trying to catch the track I'm sure is playing in my mind that is keeping me awake, but even that has a distant sound on this early rainy morning. I suppose I should call the nurses line today to discuss insomnia. I worry about taking anything that will knock me out though because I do still have an infant in my care most nights. Well maybe the nurses and doctors can put their heads together and figure out a solution for me.

Assuming I can get a few more minutes of shut eye I'm really hoping to get out of the house today. I was aiming for a trip to the farmers market, but the weather doesn't sound permissive. So plan B- mommy group perhaps? We shall see. Just a moment of "normalcy" would be nice.

Double shout out to Nicks mom Lorraine for spending Tuesday afternoon, Tuesday night (including night shift for Bella) and all day Wednesday with us! She cooked, ran errands, made plans for future help, kept Bella happy and me fed and rested. And to my mom who continues to "mom" me despite fighting a nasty cold herself. She even sat up with me through an emotional moment last night and played trivial pursuit with me for a nice distracted cap to the evening.

1 comment:

  1. I love you Karey! The opportunities to "mom" you are always welocme and a privilege (and I have yearned for someone to play board/card/word games with for years! So you just say the word and I am on it! (Scrabble next time?=+}

    ReplyDelete