Sunday, March 27, 2011

One week

Today I completed one full week past treatment.  It's had some ups and downs though overall I feel positive in how I've handled my first chemotherapy.  I won't give you the low down (again) on each days ups and downs, but I thought it would be good to just check in.

I felt confident that I was going to just keep getting stronger and better each day after treatment.  That isn't in fact how chemo works and I'm not sure why I convinced myself of that.  Although my energy does seem to be steadily improving, I am still easily fatigued and battling ups and downs with my blood sugar (which immediately can send me to a nap!).

I'm not feeling particularly coherent tonight so I guess I will keep this short.  Thank you all for your comments.  I read all of them and greatly appreciate them.  This week I gratefully have only one medical item to take care of and that is a simple blood test to see how my blood is holding up to treatment.  Specifically tomorrow I will have a complete blood count down, primarily to determine my white blood cell count.  Day 8 is when my white blood cell count should be at its lowest point, so this will help us determine if we can stay on course with our treatment schedule.  I feel positive that it will look good.

My attitude is good.  I feel more positive as I get into treatment for the most part.  Although I definitely have moments of realizing that I am truly in this for the long haul and that can be a little daunting.  The food aversions and heartburn are the real killers in this regard.  But hey, I did it for 10 months of pregnancy, so I suppose I can do it for 4 months of chemo, right? =)

Goodnight my dear family and friends.  Thank you for all that you are and all that you do.  It is on the strength of your support that I will get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment