Monday, March 28, 2011

Feeling happy

Today is a good day. I'm feeling almost "normal" and am very grateful for that. I'm sure that there are harder days to come, but feel like I can really take this process in stride for the most part. I'm sure starting my day off laughing and playing with Isabella has done wonders for my disposition, not to mention the sun shining today. Isabella, my mom and I went to lunch (I actually enjoyed my food!), and then did some errands. We have a baby shower to attend this weekend and I needed to get loads of treats for the bundle of joy (yay Olivia!). We also couldn't resist a stop into borders to check out the closing sale. We got some great new books for Isabella! We will have to go back when the sale is better, but I really love buying books- it's a sickness I'm sure!

Now it is naptime for little miss and I'm lying here beside her- resting but not sleeping. I did sleep in late today (thank you nick & mom!) but sleep seems to be evading me a little. Right now though, I'll blame happiness which is okay by me. Instead I'll find comfort and joy in the warmth of my baby and her sweet breathing sounds. And try to go to bed early! :)

Speaking of the little princess she gets more mobile every day. Today my mom found Bella had pulled herself up on the side if her crib! Guess it's time to lower the mattress... I feel like she is days away from crawling too. I'm terrified how life will change with a mobile baby but I know she will be happier once she can move.

So there you go- life really does go on after chemo. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment