Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hiring...

Today I hit overwhelm.  Managing this process is a full time job.  The number of appointments to go to, and tests to run, and decisions to make, and adding care for my baby on top of that- I've decided I need a personal assistant. =)  I'm sure someone wants a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week job with no pay and benefits including cancer jokes at inappropriate times and sweet baby laughter from Isabella.  Sounds ideal, right? ;)

I have received lots of offers of help and am trying to navigate how to accept or ask for that.  In some ways I'm really good at leaning on my support system, and in other ways I'm really terrible at it.  I guess that is just one more lesson I get to learn in this process.  Yay me, right? ;)

I'm also trying to navigate how to communicate with my loved ones.  This blog is ideal for me- I get to post as it suits me, include information in my own time (and with the appropriately researched titles and spelling), and it is one shot to everyone.  Well, almost anyway.  The only issue I have found with this is that not everyone who wants to know is remember to read this.  So I still get the phone calls and emails and text messages wondering about the details.  I welcome these contacts of course, but after a long day of doctors appointments, it can be very draining to share the details of things that I may not even be entirely clear on yet.  So then I may choose to not answer my phone/email/texts and then I wonder when I am going to return those messages.

I realize these are gold plated problems.  Poor me, I have so many people who care about me that it is overwhelming.  All the same it is a new experience to navigate while I try to manage the time consuming process I'm going through, and the emotional roller coaster that I'm riding.  I wish this process came with an instruction book on how to best handle these situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment