Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lucky Girl

Last night I was brought special treats just for me!  First, Nick's aunt Yvette stopped by with an incredible cookbook called "The Cancer Fighting Kitchen" by Rebecca Katz.

Even for those who are not fighting cancer, this book is outstanding.  The recipes are delicious (at least the ones we've tried so far) and she really explores food as medicine for all bodies.  Yvette knows Rebecca personally and had her sign the book for me too.  So sweet.  On top of all that, she brought me the ingredients for one of the crucial recipes- magic mineral broth so that I could start drinking it right away.

Then, before Yvette had even gone, Nick's mom stopped by with another surprise for me!  She brought me an amazingly soft blanket from the company that makes my favorite one of Bella's blankets- Little Giraffe.  The blanket is a luxe duo blanket and is SO soft.  It is soft pink and cream.
And I have a full sized blanket on its way from their Chenille collection.  These will be amazing for chemotherapy and recovery.  I can take the little one with me for sure and possibly even the big one if I decide I need it.  The big one will be my blanket for recuperating at home.

So last night I got to feel special and treated and let the love wash over me.  It felt pretty good.

Today was a little rough.  I am feeling sore and tired after my procedure yesterday and still battling some depression.  It becomes difficult to separate the physical exhaustion caused by depression and then the real physical symptoms of the various things I am experiencing.  But considering I am only 3 weeks beyond diagnosis I am going to give myself a break.

So the results from the egg retrieval are in.  They retrieved 7 eggs, 4 of which were mature enough to fertilize.  Out of the 4 mature eggs, 3 of them actual fertilized.  I believe there is a possibility still that the quality of the embryos could deteriorate prior to being frozen, so we should hear by Friday if they all made it.  I know we don't necessarily need 3, or possibly any of them, but I really hope that they all make it just in case.  So please send those future babies good ju ju to grow and mature and be good for freezing! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment