Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A tougher hit

Although chemo round three has been easier than round one, it has been tougher than round two.  I ended up in bed straight through dinner last night and through the night.  Even missing a specially cooked dinner by my nephew Shaughn!  So sorry to have missed it.  Today has followed being a bit tougher than expected as well.  After a decent morning nap (that could have gone longer even) I rushed out of the house for my regular shot of neulasta (this pumps up my white blood cell count) and to finally complete my test to see if there is a genetic component to my cancer.  Although I was pretty tired already at this point, we stopped for lunch (since I know keeping my blood sugar under control is key) and then quickly went home.  I was wiped out and promptly slept for three hours.

Now I am enjoying a new episode of Glee before I head off to bed nice and early.  Quickly some shout outs:  To Lorraine and Sarah, thank you so much for helping me put together what will surely be an amazing 30th for Nick. Your help has been immense and as much as I appreciate it, I know Nick will be blown away.  To my sister KC- you have given up time from work, your family to be here with me recuperating.  I can't express how deeply grateful I am.  Two treatments in a row, and you will be here again over the next two weekends, and yet you still offer to come back for me.  I am indescribably grateful.  And to my mom who cooked a lovely dinner tonight, despite a long day of her own, even to my odd chemo taste desires.  Although I promised wig pictures, they will have to wait until tomorrow when I am feeling less sick and more photogenic. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment