Monday, April 25, 2011

Feeling better

Yesterday I finally figured out some ideas regarding why I've been feeling so bad this week.  Aside from the obvious fact that I'm in the midst of doing chemotherapy, it finally occurred to me that it is affecting my endocrine system and that I've been suffering from high blood sugar.  Ironically since I figured that out, I've been feeling better (despite not fully making the changes I need to regarding that).  All about attitude?  Perhaps...

The good news is that since I did suffer from gestational diabetes, I know how to manage my blood sugar with an endocrine system that isn't properly functioning.  I also have testing equipment still from my pregnancy so I can check myself and act accordingly.  So today I went to the store and bought some food items that will help me manage this appropriately.  I need to make sure I am getting enough protein and regularly.  I also need to ensure that I am eating regularly- six small meals a day is what they say!  Bedtime snacks are crucial too to help the morning.

So anyhow, I'm dealing with the physical end of what has had me knocked out for the last week.  This has really helped my mental health too since now I have something to "do" that should help how I feel.  We also accomplished quite a bit this weekend for the big party leaving me with only a few things to accomplish this week.  Of course that includes cleaning my house which is a pretty large undertaking.  The good news is that I am not the sort of person that wants perfection before a party.  What is the point of steam cleaning your carpets before a party when they are going to get immediately trashed?  So we will get things neat and orderly and appropriately clean, and then hopefully do some better cleaning after the party.

So much gratefulness for everyone helping me pull this party off.  I feel a little like I said "hey, let's throw a party at my house" and now I'm asking everyone else to make it happen.  I know that isn't entirely true, and will certainly be doing plenty this week (and have done plenty up till this point too), but I guess this is just one more lesson I have to learn.  At least I'm not feeling stressed out about it any more.  It's going to be great!

I know I keep promising wig pictures, and they are coming.  I just haven't really felt good enough to take any pictures yet.  I thought I could steal one from Easter, but there really weren't any that show the wig well.  So I'm sorry but it will have to wait another day!

1 comment:

  1. Karey, if there is anything i can do for Nick's party, please let me know. Glad your feeling better and see you soon!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete