Sunday, April 10, 2011

The big reveal!

Last night I seriously considered going to our dinner party without my wig.  I had worn it all day and my head was itchy.  And more importantly, I just didn't really care about it anymore.  When I thought about it, I knew my friends certainly wouldn't care.  I'm surrounded by wonderful people and I'm not worried about how people are going to react to my bald head.  It did occur to me, however, that it might be hard on some of them at first.  It is shocking, even if expected.  It puts my illness in your face because there is no denying what I'm dealing with when there is such an obvious external sign of it.  So I decided that the best way to go about this was to post a picture of myself here.  This allows everyone the opportunity to see me in my bald glory in their own personal space.  If you want to laugh or cry or make funny faces, you can do that.  Then when you see me live and in person, it won't be a shock if I'm wearing a hat, a wig, a scarf, or nothing at all.  I think that will be easiest on us all.  I hope you agree! =)

So here you go.  A picture of me in all my baldness.  No hiding here!

7 comments:

  1. You are beautiful! Your strength and your spirit make you more so! I admire your ability to recognize your feelings of anger/sadness is you dealing with your situation. I admit I am not doing the best job with my situation, still trying to master the letting go of the anger of " if you had only gone sooner!" Don't ever forget you are beautiful.
    -jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Beautiful!!! Hair or no hair, I see a strong, courageous, BEAUTIFUL women who continues to inspire others with her positive attitude and willingness to fight!! And by the way, my reaction to your picture was a SMILE! And then I thought about how much your blue eyes are popping. I say "rock it!!!" xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Lindsay, the light and beauty that is you simply shines through your beautiful baby blues and perfect smile! You are one of the strongest, bravest and most powerful bald woman I ever met and I love you! Today I didnt even see the bald I just saw you, my sister, Bella's mama, Mia's auntie and my best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! It is a process to say the least, but so far, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a purrrrrty head!! :) Ya ROCK IT!!!!!!!!!

    Vetty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Karey - GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!! You have a marvelously shaped head!! I wanna hug and kiss you and your gorgeous head!! ;) xoxoox!!! SOOOO proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete