Thursday, April 7, 2011

Still Learning

I've been feeling really good this week.  No nausea, no real food aversions, just mild yuck and some fatigue.  Yesterday I didn't take a nap even with the excitement of wig shopping and a new haircut!  So today I really went for it!  I met up with Vanessa and her baby at the Farmers Market.  My dad joined us for a bit (hope you enjoyed the tacos!  Love the Taco Guys!) and then our friend Kelly and her baby joined us for our own mini mommy group.  I knew I was going to get tired and need a nap but we held it together for the market and then headed up to Target for some hat shopping!  I have gotten a number of knit and cotton hats, but realized that it is summer soon and so of course I needed to get a "Sabrina" style hat (aka Audrey Hepburn).  =)

We had some luck- even found a bright pink one in the bargain area for $2.50!

After a quick tour of the baby area I realized I needed to get home for a nap, and so did Bella.  I wasn't in a big rush but was fading fast.  Bella and I laid down together, she was exhausted and drank a whole bunch of milk.  I thought we were well on our way to a snuggly nap when she melted down!  So my mom came in (despite being exhausted herself) and rescued her (or me- maybe both!).  The next thing I know I've completely passed out for a 3 hour nap!  And probably could have kept sleeping!  I guess I pushed it way too hard.

So the learning curve continues.  I do in fact need to build in naps to my day during treatment week and ensure that coverage is there.  My dad had planned to come up but I didn't think I needed it!  Silly me.  Lesson learned!

Shout outs for the day.  Toni-Marie for once again loving our doggies and taking them on a good (uphill!) walk.  And even on the first day of her business at the Farmers Market (check out her website for Feather Mafia).  To my mom for choosing to give up her nap so that I could take an apparently desperately needed one!  And with a fussy, teething, tummy trouble baby to boot!  And to Matt and Lindsay Selig for a delicious dinner!  The enchiladas were great Lindsay and the company can't be beat! =)  Also to Lorraine and my sister Sarah for helping me in my crazy fixation on Nick's 30th bday party.  It's going to be great fun!  I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment