Friday, April 15, 2011

Boundaries

This week I learned what my limits are.  I pushed and overdid it for too many days in a row, and as a result, ended up with a little cold.  Its no big deal and I have confidence that as long as I take it easy this weekend and get some rest, I'll be good to go for treatment on Monday.  I feel like it is almost a good thing though because if I hadn't gotten sick I would have probably kept pushing.  Now I know what those limits are and can plan accordingly.  What I've learned is that sleep is key.  If I don't sleep well at night then I need support in the morning and possibly afternoon for a nap.  If I sleep well at night then I can push it a little during the day.

So anyhow- lesson learned.  Just like after my first chemo treatment I learned not to wait to take my anti-nausea meds and eat well, now I know how far I can push it without overdoing it!  Only 12 more weeks of this to take advantage of those lessons...

No comments:

Post a Comment