Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Long Overdue and HUGE Thanks

I have been promising a wig picture for entirely too long, and what's worse is that I also owe a very large thank you to go along with it.  A little background first- my dad is very deep into his family's genealogy.  He has traced back many generations on both sides of his family and made contact with distant cousins as near as the Sacramento Valley to Canada to Norway and Germany!  He was even trying to make a family reunion in Norway this past summer.  Anyhow in this process he connected with Norwegian cousins Marit and Bjørn Arnhaug.  Marit and Bjørn visited last year from their home in Spain and we all enjoyed meeting them very much.

They have developed a friendship with my dad and so of course have been kept in the loop with my diagnosis.  After reading my blog requesting hats from my crafty friends and family, Marit and Bjørn told my dad that they wanted to help me get my wig.  After a great deal of "figuring" they sent me via my dad a very generous gift to get my wig.

So Marit and Bjørn a very very large thank you.  Takk for din generøse gaven.

Your gift allowed me to walk into the wig shop with confidence that I could pick out the most appropriate wig without worrying about the cost.

Without further ado- here is a picture of the fabulous wig!

2 comments:

  1. Very, VERY cute wig! But I gotta say, this is a great picture of you and it isn't just the wig that makes it so. You're a beautiful soul, Karey!Love you lots <3
    ~Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT! And what a great story to go along with it! You really do have people all over this world who love you! How sweet.

    ReplyDelete