Friday, April 22, 2011

Five Rounds to go

Usually a boxing match is 10 rounds- mine is only 8.  Round one- chemo came out swinging, but I took it down.  Round two- not even a contest, it was like chemo didn't know how to hit.  Round three- well, chemo might take this one.  I'll win the match, no question, but this round is up for grabs.

Day 5 and I am still feeling very rough.  My energy is lower than its been pretty much since I started treatment (aside from actual treatment days).  My eyes don't seem to want to focus (though I am clear that this isn't an actual eye issue- perhaps just the inevitable dehydration, or minor neurological effects).  I napped for a full hour and a half with Bella this afternoon and still needed to lay down later on.  Actually I'm still not up to par at the moment, curled up on the couch, grateful that my mom is here to help me today. 

I realize that some of the effects of chemo are cumulative so I need to have a little bit of patience with my body.  Today, this is proving to be a challenge.  My mom reminded me to just surrender to my body's needs- I'm trying.  I think I'm mostly frustrated because this is of course the week I was "counting on" having energy so that I could prepare for Nick's birthday.  I have another week still and lots of offers of help (that I am taking advantage of!) but all the same, it is frustrating to feel like I am "losing" days.  Just another lesson in how little control I have in this crazy little thing called life!

No comments:

Post a Comment