Monday, April 5, 2010

Busy week!

I guess I've been busy since it's been nearly an entire week since my last post! Well Wednesday I had my monthly prenatal check up. Things are looking good. They measured my fundal height (the size of my belly) and despite my extra padding I am perfectly on target. They expect 1 cm per week and I was 23 cm for 23 weeks! Baby's heart was strong and as usual she tried to swim away from the machine poking at her.

Other than that I confirmed that I will begin "non-stress tests" once a week at 32 weeks to ensure that there is no placenta breakdown (one of the worries with GD). Then at 36 weeks it will become twice a week! Plus another ultrasound at 36 weeks to make sure she isn't getting too big. They worry about babies that are too big without full lung development.

I will also see an MD for my next monthly check up instead of my normal OB. I asked to see one who is open and supportive of natural and alternative medicine. Hopefully this will help me get through the rest of my pregnancy without much more medical intervention. I want just enough to ensure that me and baby Isabella are okay, but not so much that it causes more problems. Always a fine balance to be had.

In the meantime I am working with an acupuncturist and going to water aerobics to keep healthy. So far so good!

I also painted the nursery this weekend! The walls are latte colored (or maybe coffee with cream). It is a really rich and beautiful brown, but not too dark. Then the doors, ceiling and trim are white. It feels really nice. I plan on using bright pink (sort of fuschia), lime green and turquoise as accent colors in the decorating process. I'm excited! I think it will come out really nice. I'll post pictures as I accomplish some of my decorating efforts.

Tomorrow I'll do the weekly check in and will post another bump picture. I think every other week at this point is more than enough! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment