Tuesday, April 27, 2010

No photos???

I know I have been a terrible pregnant lady when it comes to taking bump pictures. I imagine most pregnant women hit a point like this so I thought I would share.

I've been contemplating why I've been so forgetful about taking these pictures. In the beginning it really was just forgetfulness. But then I realized that there was some resistance to it as well. But why? Don't I want to document this life growing inside of me?

Well as a woman who has struggled with weight for many years before pregnancy, it took awhile to even see the bump for anything more than just extra weight. Plus since I could still wear a lot of my regular clothing I didn't feel that there was anything to show. Now in my struggle to manage my diet with GD I have started to gain weight again. Yes I am pregnant and it is of course part of the process, but it is difficult to tell what is baby weight and what is just me and my diet. So now that my clothes are becoming uncomfortable in ways that they haven't been before (my bras barely fit me- including around my rib cage) I am starting to understand the women who complain about their pregnant bodies.

Don't get me wrong- I realize what a miracle it is that my body is doing what it is doing. But I'm struggling to see much in the mirror outside of a more round tummy, that is still soft with weight and not tight with baby.

So I do promise to get a bump picture up soon. I know we have both grown and it is fun to see. I'm just waiting for a day when I feel a little more beautiful and a little less like a stuffed pig. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment