Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Weekly Update

I was reading a stranger's blog (from TheBump.com) and found that she had this very cute baby check in. I've been so terrible at keeping up with the writing on here that I figured at the very least this would be a nice weekly update. So every Tuesday I will do my best to post this baby update.

How far along? 20 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: Down 8(ish) pounds from pre-pregnancy.

Maternity clothes? I have 3 pairs of non-maternity pants that I can still wear, but other than that, it is maternity or dresses. The weather is still too cold to only wear dresses, and I need to drastically improve my selection, so my 3 pairs of maternity pants and 3 pairs of regular pants will have to suffice.

Stretch marks? no new ones. Of course I had them before pregnancy, so I may not notice!

Sleep: Restless or very very hard. I seem capable of getting enough hours, but never enough in truth. I'd like to not set my alarm for the rest of pregnancy.

Best moment this week: Finding out it's a girl! (well technically that was last week, but nothing new has happened since then so I'll go with it)

Movement: Yes. Nothing distinct where I can say "oh there's a kick!" but more than fluttering and with some regularity. Especially in bed at night and in the morning.

Food cravings: none. Only aversions!

Food Aversions: Meat. Steak, fish, chicken, turkey. They've all turned my stomach at least once. I've been able to incorporate chicken on salads somewhat regularly, and a few turkey sandwiches. I also had beef tacos the last two nights, so that was exciting. Still though if you put a steak in front of me, that gag reflex gets going!


Gender:
Girl!

Labor Signs: None.

Belly Button in or out? In

What I miss: Not constantly thinking about what and when I eat, or sleep. I would like to be able to just function normally again.

What I am looking forward to: Next monthly check up on Friday. I'll get some more details regarding what to expect at the end (if and when they would induce, how do we keep track of baby's growth, etc).

Weekly Wisdom: The most important thing I can do for myself and my baby is to take a deep breath, and not worry so much.

Milestones: Finding out the gender!

No comments:

Post a Comment