Saturday, March 27, 2010

3D ultrasound

So we had our 3D/4D ultrasound today. It was a fun experience. The number one reason that we did an elective ultrasound was because I wanted (needed) confirmation of the gender. The way the tech told us at our anatomy scan (this would be the SECOND scan we went to!) was so odd, that I just was terrified that we would plan for a girl and then have a baby pop out with little boy parts!

So in my investigation for elective ultrasound locations I found this place up in Santa Rosa. It seemed good and best of all their prices were better than some others I had seen, AND they had 15% off right now. So we paid for a short 3D what we would have paid for just the gender somewhere else.

We ended up with nearly 60 photos of our little girl after only about 10 minutes of watching her live. It is truly an amazing experience to see this little baby inside you moving around. I know she is active but to see it in action will never cease to amaze me.

My favorite part I think was actually seeing the umbilical cord. I know that is a weird thing to say, but it is the first time I'd seen it in any of our scans. She had it up by her hands so you know she's grabbing on to it from time to time.

She was quite the coy baby today. Although we saw everything we'd hoped to see (profile, facing forward, hands, feet and most importantly those little girl parts!), she kept trying to move away from the "camera". She moved herself into the farthest corner she could so the tech had the wand right up against my pelvic bone just to get the shot. I think she just doesn't like things poking at her! I was thinking the same thing when she kicked Nick in the head the other night. He had the weight of his head on my belly (so on her) and I think she kicked him so he would move! =)

Well enough talk, I know you really just want to see the picture. So here is my favorite shot of the day.


3 comments:

  1. Hellooooooooo Isabella Bambina! We can't wait to hold you and kiss you and love you up! Your Nonnie Maggie Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may do an elective u/s as well!! We will see! Glad you were able to get confirmation of your sweet little girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs Grant- I highly recommend it. I don't think I would have if I hadn't really wanted that gender confirmation, but am SO glad we did it. It is really special to see that live action image of your growing baby!

    ReplyDelete