Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Reward Number 2

So I promised a name and am ready to deliver! Nick and I actually picked out our girls name years ago. With all the trouble we had over boys names it was amazing how easy our girl name came to us. With the level of opinion that Nick and I both tend to have, any agreement usually means we lock in quickly.

Okay so the name-

Isabella Rose Marie

I've always loved Isabella. It is classic and sweet and has fabulous nick names of all sorts. Nick plans to call her Izzy. I haven't settled yet. Bella was what I always had in mind until Twilight went and ruined that for me.

Rose is my middle name. It is a namesake from both sides of my family and something I believe is worth carrying on.

Marie is Nick's Noni's name, and the middle name of all his aunts, female cousins and his mom too. Clearly a tradition worth keeping.

Put it all together with our last name and you have a lovely (French sounding) name. It flows nicely I believe.

We are happy to share the name since we are 100% settled on it (despite its popularity and Twilight connection). We hope you love it as much as we do.

1 comment:

  1. I love the name and I LOVE you. Isabella Rose Marie is a beautiful name, and you are correct---it is loaded with lovely "nick"names too!

    ReplyDelete