Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The fun stuff!

So now that we know the gender I am thinking seriously about the design of the nursery. I want to paint the walls and put in carpet for sure, but beyond that and the furniture we've already purchased, I'm just not sure!

I decided step one was to start looking at bedding in hopes that I would find a spring board for the room. I don't know if I'll actually go with it, but I found this bedding through Babies R Us and liked it (and hated most everything else).

What I like about this bedding is that it is bright and colorful, without being too busy. I like the bold but simple pattern, and I really like the color combination. It is more green and brown than anything else, but still has that hint of pink. The crib pictured here is also similar in color to our furniture.
Then I looked at a couple of design sites and found some similar color combinations to see wall color and carpet color and other decorative ideas. This one shows the latte colored walls that I'm considering.


This one shows a darker carpet color (just the rug) which I'm thinking I will go with.


And going a completely different direction, I sort of like the more soft vintage feel of this room. The softer pink with the beige is nice.
I just thought I'd share some fun pictures of what I'm looking at. I haven't made any decisions yet. Just looking for "color stories" and other design elements.

2 comments:

  1. I don't actually remember! The first one is from Babies R Us and the actual bedding set photos. The other two (shame on me) deserve credit elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete