Thursday, March 18, 2010

Baby's first Disney trip!

This past weekend Nick and I drove down to Southern California to visit some family and celebrate my girlfriend Katie's son's 5th birthday at Disneyland.

If you know Nick and I at all, you know already that we enjoy Disney very much. We go every couple of years at least for a couple of days. So much that I no longer need to pick up a map at the front of the park because I really do know my way around that well. Nick even proposed to me there right next to the castle.

So we left about 3pm on Friday and eventually made it down to his Aunt Diane's house by about 10pm. They had some stew on the stove for us, so we ate and chatted a bit and finally went to bed. I was exhausted. On Saturday the rest of the So Cal family came over for a visit. It was nice to see everyone even for a few hours.

Finally Sunday was Disney day! We got up a little early and hit the road to get to Anaheim. It was only about a 20 minute drive so we parked at the hotel and walked down to the park.

Walking even through the shuttle area it was easy to be reminded that the next time we visited Disney, we would have a child with us. It certainly brought a smile to Nick's face.

The visit was really fun, especially since Katie is the friend who is 3 weeks more pregnant than me. We walked (slowly) around the park while waiting for the boys to go on rides. It was nice to have someone to sit with and eat with in the same boat as you! =)

We didn't have any time to shop, since it was such a quick visit, but I will definitely be keeping my eyes out for some cute Disney dresses. We walked through the emporium on our way to dinner one night and there were some awfully cute little outfits!

One true baby experience that I mentioned yesterday in my post was my first shocking baby movement. We were sitting on Pirates of the Caribbean and had just gotten going, floating by the Blue Bayou restaurant. The next thing I knew I felt three swift kicks to my cervix! It was surprising and made me jump and gasp a little. Nick thought there was something wrong because of my reaction. It just surprised me a little. Then throughout the ride she was moving up a storm. Guess I know which ride will be her favorite! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment