Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Soccer Star?

So Nick has historically been scared of pregnant bellies. I think he may have been a little traumatized as a young boy when his mom was pregnant with his brothers. (Let's be honest, it is a little "Alien" to see and/or feel something moving inside you or someone you love.) As a result I was totally prepared for him to never want to touch mine.

But he's been making an effort, putting his hand on my belly and asking if she's moving, etc.
Last night in bed he tried again and then said "You never tell me when she's moving! You need to tell me!" I laughed and told him that wasn't true, but she hasn't been SUPER active this week (until yesterday when my cervix apparently became a trampoline or punching bag) and it just hasn't been when he's around. So I said "talk to her, maybe she'll respond to you".

So he put his head down where I told him she was, and started talking to her. Then he laid his head down so his ear was near where I had felt some movement. I felt a small movement and he said "was that her?". I wasn't sure (it was really small) and then as soon as he put his head down again he got one solid hit to the ear! There was no question at all that he had just been kicked (or hit) in the ear by our little Isabella.

He was so surprised but excited, so he immediately posted on facebook that he felt her (he had his phone on his nightstand). Then he put his head down again and felt her at least 3 more times- again solid kicks/hits.

I couldn't be happier that a) now he's felt her and b) that he's so excited about it. It is fun to feel her more regularly myself (albeit a little weird at times) but now to have Nick know that this is for real too, it is really exciting to share. Plus she clearly responded to his voice (she wasn't moving until he started talking to her). It was a very sweet, and funny, moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment