Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Relief

I have had a migraine for the last three days.  Gratefully it hasn't been the debilitating sort of migraine for most of that time, but still, it has been constant.  I've taken every pill I could think of and had around the house, tried hot and cold, sleep, dark, water, and food.  Although some things helped, nothing took it away.  Today I went in for a massage in an effort to try another tactic.  I enjoyed an excellent massage that left me feeling like jello, and it worked!  The headache returned after about an hour, but then it went away again.  I was starting to worry that I would have to take myself to urgent care tomorrow just for a stupid prescription for migraine medication (since I still do not have a primary care physician and my cancer doctors don't have expertise in migraine meds).  This experience made my gratitude for today easy!

Today, I am grateful for massages. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment