Sunday, November 13, 2011

Blessings

I am so blessed.  I say it over and over but the brilliant part is that I keep being reminded of this fact.  I have really been enjoying my first three days as a "free" woman.  I've done such crazy things as vacuuming, going to dinner at my sisters, helping throw a baby shower, and going to the beach with my family!  I know- you are all jealous at the exciting life I lead. =)  Honestly though, to be able to do these things without requiring a three shot espresso drink to make it through, it is exciting. 

Today was a wonderful day.  I woke up to my sweet girl, who slept through the night (amazing!!!) saying "up, up, up"... Usually she cries to be retrieved from her crib, so that was a sweet development.  Then after we snuggled in bed and watched the mickey mouse clubhouse (no judgement- an extra half hour in bed is really so welcomed), we went out to brunch with Nick's mom Lorraine.  Eggs Benedict and a nap later, it was time to get out of the house.  Nick decided we should pack up the dogs and head out to the beach.  It was a BEAUTIFUL day.  Seriously, I don't think we could have hand picked a nicer day.  Here's a photo of me and my favorite girl taking in some positive ions.


I'm not back to my full energy level, though frankly its been so long since I've been at full energy (two years- pregnant, newborn, cancer) that I don't even know what that actually feels like anymore.  I have decided though that now is the time to start pushing through and do the things I've been wanting to.  That means getting a workout routine incorporated into my life, finding and doing fun activities with Bella (like the zoo, discovery museum, the beach, etc), cooking, and getting my housekeeping back under control.  I am totally confident that I will get there and find my stride with all of these things.

On to my gratitudes. =)  I'm determined to stick with this.  It really would be easier though if I was actually posting each day! C'est la vie...

Thursday, I was grateful for my freedom from cancer treatment!  As much as I appreciate that the treatment has done its job and I am cancer free, I am so grateful to have my life back.  Eight and a half months of various medical treatments has worn me down.  But I am done!!!!

Friday I was grateful for my new vacuum.  Is that sad? Anyhow I strongly disliked our old vacuum and we indulged in a new one that is really nice.  I vacuumed Friday and it was so nice.

Saturday I was grateful for old friends.  I have a number of people in my life that have known me as far back as elementary school.  It is truly a blessing to have friends that know your history, your family and the core of who you are and have always been.

Today I am grateful for the beautiful place that we live.  To get to go to the beach in November, and have absolute perfect weather- not too hot, not too cold, not too windy- is one of the many reasons they call this paradise.  My daughter gets to have the sand in her toes and the ocean at her side while the sun shines down on her.  How lucky are we?

Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot express how proud I am of you! You are truly a warrior- the thing I learned about this whole cancer process is that there are people who can face it, talk about it- say this is who I am, this is what I have, this is what's happening and no amount of wishing it weren't here is going to make it go away- and there are the people who stick their head in the sand and tell themselves they can't deal with this. You were never one to hide from us or this disease and your strength is inspiring to all of us. I love you! So glad you kicked it's ass!! : ))
    -jenny

    ReplyDelete