Monday, November 14, 2011

Holiday Season

I love this time of year.  Christmas is going up everywhere and Thanksgiving is just around the corner.  Most everyone I know, with only a couple of exceptions (love you Lindsay!), complains about how it isn't even Thanksgiving and stores are putting Christmas up just so they can sell more crap.  I know this is true but right now is when I most thoroughly feel the holiday spirit.  There is no Christmas stress yet (buying gifts, figuring out what needs to happen for the holiday events, etc) but the sparkle is everywhere. 

I love Christmas music, and decorations, and lights, and smells, and even the horribly wonderful made-for-tv Christmas movies (like Santa Baby, and Holiday in Handcuffs and The Christmas Wish- NPH!!!).  These things all make me happy.  I feel more generous, happier, more thoughtful, and grateful for my blessings.  The colors, sights, sounds, smells and crispness to the air all put an extra spring in my step.  I truly can't wait until Isabella can truly understand the holiday season and join me in all the fun.

Today, I am grateful for the sweetness of the holiday season.

2 comments:

  1. Love me some Christmas sparkle!!!! Anyday now KOIT should start playing non stop Christmas music! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. x-mas music now :( lol
    I do love the smell and sparkle though !!
    You forgot the movie ELF ( best movie ever)
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete