Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy thanksgiving!

What a year it has been. I have walked through the fire, thoroughly forged into the person I am today. Before I get too deep into my thanksgiving post (the pinnacle of my gratitude project) I did have a daily gratitude yesterday. I was grateful for my doctor (breast surgeon) dr Leah Kelley. She was the first cancer doctor I met with after receiving my diagnosis and she is a blessing to the medical field and everyone who comes into contact with her. She is kind and funny and comforting and supportive and smart. So many adjectives and I still wouldn't do her justice. She makes me know that everything will be okay.

Thanksgiving. The day we take every year to gorge ourselves on food, while watching parades and football on tv. At the very least, these activities happen in the embrace of our friends and family. Hopefully this is the day we take to remember how blessed we are. To reflect on the many things in our lives to be thankful for. Although admittedly the food and tv is still a part of my day, I am marinating in a wonderful cocktail of the many, many blessings in my life right now, and over this past year.

This year has been hard. I've faced one of the scariest things someone can face in their life. I've been stripped down, left raw in my being, wondering if there is a tomorrow to worry about.

At the same time that I walked through the fire, I had my life and community illuminated in its brilliance. Very few people get to experience the depth of love and support of their community. I was lucky enough to experience this. From gifts, to help, to cleaning, to cooking, to walking my dogs, to thoughts and prayers. I have been beyond blessed this year. This is all in addition to my adorable, sweet daughter, my wonderful husband, my friends and my family, being the wonderful people they are.

I have a wonderful life. As hard as this year has been, it has been a gift. I am grateful for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment