Sunday, May 22, 2011

Long week- Good Day

I guess I spoke a little too soon regarding how "easy" this new chemo drug is on me.  I mentioned the bone pain which started on Wednesday, and then I was hit with nausea on Thursday.  The pain and general malaise has continued as late as last night.  I was having this strange pain all day yesterday, a sort of burning sensation coupled with sharp pains randomly located all over my body.  I couldn't quite place it so I did nothing about it.  Finally at 1 am when I couldn't sleep, I took some pain medication.  It started to work around 1:30 and I was asleep around 2.  This is where my sad tale ends gratefully.

Bella woke up around 6:30am today.  I tried to convince her it was way too early and we should go back to sleep, but since I was awake I figured I'd let Nick get some rest for once and get up with little miss.  We went out and took my dad and Vicki to breakfast since it was Vicki's birthday this week.  Then I came home for a bit and headed up beautiful Mt Tamalpais for the Mountain Play's production of Hairspray!  I went with my friend Vanessa and her husband and baby.  It was a beautiful day and a really fun production.  I visited with many old friends from various theatre productions who were seeing, in or running the show.  It was a truly glorious day on the mountain- perfect weather, not too hot or cold.  Best of all, I felt fine all day, even though I was running on 4.5 hours of sleep!  I'm feeling a little bit of the pain returning but tonight I won't wait to take some medication so that I can make sure I get some good sleep tonight.

Tomorrow I meet with the plastic surgeon to discuss my reconstruction options.  This will help me get my show on the road regarding surgery.  I plan on scheduling it sometime in the last two weeks of July.  Hopefully once this is scheduled I can really get my eye on the prize and get this nonsense handled!

No comments:

Post a Comment