Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A better day

After yesterday's emotional journey, I expected a full wipe out today.  Instead, I continued to feel better and more accepting throughout the day.  I did wake up feeling a little rough (I have a trend of feeling like I'm coming down with a cold on day 7 or 8 of each treatment cycle, which is exactly when my white blood count bottoms out), but after some napping for both me and Bella, I felt okay.  By this evening when Nick's mom came over, I was able to explain the doctors appointment with no tears and a relative calm.

On my mind currently?  Planning Bella's first birthday party in July (I can't believe she's almost one!).  Planning a vacation in early July (soooo looking forward to some fun and relaxation!).  Celebrating our third wedding anniversary!  Nick and I celebrate three years of marriage tomorrow and will mark the occasion with our first overnight away from Bella on Saturday night.  We have a gift certificate from our wedding (gasp!) to the Four Seasons, so we get to enjoy one night in the lap of luxury.  I'm looking forward to a full 24 hours with my wonderful husband and a night of sleep for both of us.  Sounds exciting, no? =)  My mom and Nick's mom will be tag teaming Bella.  I'm sure they will enjoy their girls night without us.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 3rd Wedding Anniversary! The Four Seasons... sounds amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete