Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Chemo Round Four

Yesterday marked the final round of A/C, the half way point of my chemo process, and the fourth round altogether.  So far, so good.  I was the usual "drugged" feeling all day yesterday but couldn't sleep.  I read a book all day cover to cover (which was sort of fun- haven't done that in a long time!) and then finally went to bed at about 9pm.  Although I wasn't nauseous, food wasn't terribly appealing either.  I did get a good lunch in and at a little something for dinner.

Today I am still quite exhausted, perhaps because I didn't sleep as much yesterday.  I did enjoy a morning nap and an afternoon nap though which has helped.  Another good nights sleep and I think I'll be back on the mend.  Here is hoping that my energy rebounds faster than it did last round.

From the doctor- I am slightly anemic.  Not surprising and exactly at the point that they anticipated I would start to really see the effect on my red blood cells.  Considering that I run borderline anemic normally, I think this is okay.  Plus I can focus on supporting the production of red blood cells in my body now by eating more leafy greens, red meat and drinking chlorophyll water at least once per day.  The tumor is still shrinking rapidly.  The doctor said that at this point it wouldn't be found on physical exam.  She and I can still feel it because we know it is there and approximately where it is, but if I came into an office for a regular exam, it is unlikely that a doctor would find it, and I certainly wouldn't from home.  So hopefully after this round, we won't even be able to find it!

There ya have it.  I'm still in recovery mode but hopeful that it will go better this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment