Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Today is my first Mother's Day as a mommy.  It was a good day.  After a proper night's sleep (thanks to Nick staying in the family room with miss Bella last night) I was woken up by my two loves bringing me flowers and a beautiful card.  Then I was treated to a homemade pancake breakfast made by my loving husband.  It was a perfect and sweet start to the day.

The rest of the day was spent celebrating the birthdays of Nick's cousin Tony-Marie and Noni Marie!  And mother's day too, but the focus was definitely the birthdays.  Nick's aunt and uncle hosted a Mexican fiesta and there was so much food!  It was mostly catered by Mi Pueblo (the grocery store in San Rafael) and it was delicious!  It was enough food to feed an army so we will even have some more to enjoy tomorrow!

I keep saying that motherhood is the hardest job you will ever love.  Today this rings most true.  I was tired (despite a solid night's sleep) and not feeling great.  We had this lovely event to attend, and Miss Isabella certainly doesn't care if I am a little under the weather.  Gratefully at a large family event I always have more help than I can even handle sometimes, but little miss still requires her mama a fair amount.  So today, as is true every day, I had to show up no matter how I felt.  And yet, I have the sweetest moments I have ever known when this little being shines her love on me.  Bella has taken to giving kisses, usually grabbing my face with both hands and opening her mouth wide for a big, sloppy, wet kiss.  She is just the shiniest, happiest, sweetest little girl I know, and gets more so each and every day.  So no matter how hard any given day is, I love that I get to be mommy to Isabella.  I truly feel lucky to have this little girl in my life.  Lucky, lucky me.

So happy Mother's Day to all of you mama's out there.  I've heard it time and time again that being a mom is the most amazing experience in life, but until I became a mommy myself I couldn't fully understand.  It is truly life-altering.  Again- lucky, lucky me. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment