Saturday, May 7, 2011

Catch up

I've definitely been off my game writing this week.  Bella has officially begun crawling which has definitely changed my life!  She started crawling a little bit here and there a couple of weeks ago, but never more than just a few scoots at a time.  Last week we officially had crawling across the room- but only with motivation (a much desired toy or other interesting object).  Then on Tuesday or Wednesday before Nick's birthday party, she just up and started crawling, no motivation required.  She is now a crawling machine.  See!


This of course happened right as we were preparing for Nick's birthday party, and then it was time for treatment.  So I've fallen down on my duty as mommy this week in chronicling Isabella's development.  I think I'll give myself a break this time though! =)

She is already pulling up constantly on everything that she can and desperate to walk (or run!).  She is also already going up the stairs we have in the house (gratefully only one or two here and there, no actual flights!).  Didn't take her long to figure out how to get her knees up on the step and pull herself up.  What was that about life changing!?!? =)

Other than that this has been an okay week.  The accumulative nature of chemo has definitely caught up with me.  I have been pretty tired this week, though started feeling like I was on my way back yesterday.  Of course then Bella was up every half hour last night (teething perhaps?) so now it is hard to say since that pretty much destroyed me.  Admittedly I'm feeling emotionally wiped out too.  It is tough to keep my head up when I'm trying to simply find the energy to get through the day.

Yesterday though, I had a little help with that.  Two of my girlfriends sent me flowers and the sweetest note for Mother's Day.  It was so unexpected and reminded me how lucky I am.  So thank you Laura and Colleen!  That was so very sweet of you.  On top of that my dad has been working on our fence this week.  Our back fence is all ivy and has been probably since it was built.  We knew when we bought our house that it would need to be replaced eventually because the ivy really was the fence.  This summer that was going to be our project, and we asked my dad if he wouldn't mind managing it (under the circumstances).  This week, he just dove in and started it.  Which also means that we will have a new fence very soon!

I know that I'm sort of rambling at this point so I won't continue with my nonsense.  I just wanted to catch up a little bit and acknowledge Bella's big milestone!  I hope all the moms out there have a wonderful day tomorrow!

1 comment: