Saturday, April 28, 2012

Where you've been...

Sometimes it is helpful to remember where you've been to better appreciate where you are.  A friend of mine is working on a film script about a young woman fighting breast cancer.  She asked me to talk her through it in an effort to help it ring true.  Of course I am happy to do this.  In an effort to begin that process I thought I would link some of my early blog posts in the cancer journey.  This of course meant that I had to read through those first three or so months of posts to find the "useful" ones.  I laughed, I cried, and I took heart in remembering where I've been.  Every day being a "survivor" continues to deepen its grip into my reality.  Part of that is that every day, the journey becomes a little more faint and less important.  I went through crazy procedures to ensure that I could have another baby someday, and here I am happily expecting our second child.  I cut my hair and shaved my head as I lost my hair to chemo, and now I fuss with a semi-mullet mop on my head as it grows back seemingly quicker every day.

So thank you Bianca for asking me to remember my journey.  I really do need to come back and read these things every so often as a reminder of where I been.  It brightens the light on where I am indescribably.  I have a good life and am so lucky to be living it.

The beautiful views I get to enjoy from our convertible after a gorgeous day on Mt Tam!

My silly girl enjoying some beefy ribs for dinner!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post Karey and I love the picture of you in the convertible! Cheers to love, life and another day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete