Monday, February 27, 2012

The Big News

I can finally share our big news with you!

We are pregnant!

Yep!  Baby number two is due October 20th (official per the doctors office).  We went to the doctors today for our first prenatal visit.  Everything looks good!  I am only 6.5 weeks along so there isn't much baby to see, but we saw the heartbeat and it is nice and strong already.  We also talked about if there was any additional risk due to my treatment last year.  I thought I might need to have a CVS or Amniocentisis to check for genetic issues.  I thought that the chemo might have increased my risk of this, doing damage to the eggs.  But, my doctor called the perinatologist (the high risk OB) and they said I didn't need to do any additional testing unless the bloodwork or NT scan indicate it.  They want one extra ultrasound at 28 weeks, but that is it!  I will go back to the doctor in two weeks just to confirm that everything is progressing as expected, but my doctor is very happy for me and thinks that things look good!  So I have blessings from all relevant doctors.  I can take a deep breath and finally, just be happy about this.

I wrote a couple of posts when we found out and when we went to my oncologists, so if you're interested, read back.  I have finally posted them for public consumption!

For those who read this that are also on my facebook, please don't post anything there yet.  I'm not quite ready for facebook publicity! =)  Private messages or comments here are just fine.

Here is the very first picture of our little bean!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats and happy cancerversary!!! I am so proud of you and your strength to share your journey. Though mine was different, it helps to know someone else is experiencing a lot of the same things dealing with cancer that I was ; )
    Congrats on the little bean as well
    -Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited and happy for you!! What an excellent way to celebrate recovery :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so incredibly happy for you, Karey!!! Would love to get together with you and see Bella sometime - for lunch, perhaps? Again, congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your title needs some changing- perhaps the capricious and candid life of the whimsical weebles.

    Bet you can't guess who this is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was updating the title at the exact same time you were posting that comment! I will need to come up with something far more witty someday, but "And baby makes... Four!" will have to suffice for now! =)

    ReplyDelete