Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Cruising Along

The days are flying by for me currently as we keep very busy and start believing the future of two kids that we are now expecting!  I took the month of January to recuperate from the holidays (doing fun things like getting sick while still fitting in birthdays and baptisms and auditions), and then hit the ground running in February.  I started the month with mountain play callbacks, promptly found out I was pregnant, saw my oncologist, ran off to Arizona for a few days, saw my primary care doctor and OB, spent time with a friend home from NYC, and then ran off to Disneyland for a few days.  Whew.  It's been crazy.

This Friday I will be 8 weeks pregnant.  This isn't really a milestone as far as pregnancy milestones go, but for some reason for me, it is.  It feels like it means something.  Usually it does mean that you can see your OB (they typically like to wait until you are 8-10 weeks along).  I, of course, already have due to my "high risk" status.  I will see my doctor again next week to confirm that things are progressing as expected.  At this point I don't expect any surprises.  Things appear to be moving along as expected.  I've started having a little morning sickness from time to time and the hormones are definitely kicking in.  I'm very tired (though seem to handle it better than last time- maybe because I'm used to being tired all the time???) but between a single cup of coffee in the morning (as needed) and an afternoon nap shared with Bella, I can usually make it through.

In cancer/pregnancy updates, I am officially off all medications.  I have weaned myself off my antidepressant that I began taking during radiation.  Although I definitely feel the difference, I think I will be just fine without them.  I have enough joy to counter the dark as I get through these 9 months.  Though I do think if I feel the same once I am done breastfeeding (assuming I am able) I will go back on this medication.  It really was helping me.  I also haven't needed help sleeping (which is particularly amazing when the pregnancy is considered).  The good news is that I can take benedryl when pregnant if I need a little help dozing off, though so far so good!  Now, the only pills that I take are vitamins!  Well, I am taking a clinical dose of Vitamin D currently since I had a major deficit show in my recent blood work.  But that still counts as vitamins in my book!  I do expect to be dealing with gestational diabetes again as I am already feeling my blood sugars go wacky.  But my doctors and I will be watching this closely and I have already started changing my diet.  Not surprisingly, I already feel better than I did and am suffering from quite a bit less morning sickness than last time.

Well I will share some photos soon from our Arizona trip and Disney trip.  Lots of sweet moments of our sweet big sister to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment