Sunday, March 11, 2012

Oops!

I just made a little mistake!  I wasn't planning to make the official pregnancy announcement on facebook until we got through the first trimester.  I technically still haven't, but in my post-plague fog (more on that later) I rushed to get our Disney photos up from this last week and realized too late that there are a few shots with Bella wearing her "Big Sister" shirt loud and proud.  So far no one has said anything, and only one person "liked" one of the picture.  I'm hoping it goes by unnoticed, but you just never know who will see what on Facebook! =)

So moving on to the fun that we've been having!  Starting today and working backwards I think will have to do.  Today I left the house for the first time in four days.  Yep, it's been that bad.  The plague struck our house this week.  Oh, I mean the stomach flu.  Bella started with it on Wednesday, and Nick came home that night also under the weather.  Thursday the two of them battled it out while I just tried to hold it together.  Let me tell you, vomit and pregnancy do not go together.  Then Friday, I was struck with the plague.  I was calling in reserves left and right.  I spent the entire day in bed.  Saturday my mom joined the crew since it looked like so much fun.  Gratefully I'm on the mend, one day in bed, one on the couch, and today I started to do a little bit more.  Poor Bella only today seems to be done with the awful stomach mess.  Here's hoping that carries through the night, because then I'll actually trust that we are on the mend!

Prior to our household succumbing to the plague, we enjoyed a spring trip to Disneyland.  We drove down Thursday and enjoyed a visit with Nick's aunts and uncles.  I wish we lived closer to them since in many ways they were more like grandparents to Nick than aunts and uncles.  It would be nick for them to get to see Bella more often.  But it was a lovely visit that I hope we can enjoy again soon.  Then Friday we visited the La Brea tar pits with my sister KC and her family.  The tar pits themselves weren't exactly what I'd expected- more like a pond with some oil slicks- but it was still quite interesting.  I had no idea what a wealth of ice age fossils the area had been.  I knew they had made some major discoveries there (whole skeletons, etc) but the numbers of fossils is staggering.  They have a couple of visual displays to really  drive home the point, one of which is a wall of wolves skulls.  It was incredibly impressive.  Nick, Bella and I went back to the hotel after lunch since we were all pretty wrecked from the week leading up to the trip, and the drive down.  I of course was blessed with morning sickness on the drive down, so was still suffering through that a bit.  Since KC and family continued their touring, we had a few minutes to pop into Disneyland for a few attractions before dinner and a family photo.

Saturday our friends the Shelah family joined us for some Disney fun.  Although our already later morning was delayed even more due to a "suspicious package" shutting all of Disney down, we held in there and had a fun first day.  Rides, and characters, and fun all around, ending in a delicious BBQ dinner and hoedown!  Sunday we hit up California Adventure for more big kid fun (Tower of Terror anyone?) and ended the day with a delicious dinner at Ariel's Grotto that landed us some much coveted seats in the "splash zone" for the World of Color show.  It was truly amazing from this perspective- and we've seen the show before!  Monday was our final day since Nick had to be back to work on Tuesday.  We split the day running from California Adventure so the "big boys" (aka Nick and Brian) could go on California Screamin (the super roller coaster), and all the boys could play some midway games.  Then we traveled over to the magic kingdom after some lunch in downtown Disney for some quality character visiting and final rides.

I'm afraid I sort of failed on the camera front, not getting many pictures of Bella with anyone other than characters and me or Nick.  Shame too since it is a rare treat to have so many loved ones with us at Disney.  But the memories are there and will have to do.  Hopefully someone else's camera captured some moments that I failed to.

Anyhow it has been quite a couple of weeks for our household.  I feel like I've been running non-stop for a month.  At least the pregnancy hasn't been too rough so far.  I'm not sure what I would be doing if I was as exhausted and nauseous as I was with Bella!  Rough times.  I have another doctors appointment this week with my OB so we can make sure everything is still looking to be on track as expected!

No comments:

Post a Comment