Sunday, February 26, 2012

It came and went...

This past Friday, February 24th, I had my diagnosis anniversary.  I had a doctors appointment in the morning, and then ran some errands sans Bella.  I went to lunch with my dad, took a nap with Bella, and then enjoyed a girls date night with dinner and a movie.  I honestly didn't think about the fact that it was my cancerversary all day.  In fact I didn't realize that I hadn't acknowledged it until yesterday!  It is true that I have plenty of other distractions in my life at the moment but it surprised me a little that the thought didn't even cross my mind.  The fear hasn't dissipated yet but cancer hasn't taken over my future and for that I am grateful.  I am trying my best to trust that the many things in my life are ways that the universe is telling me that life will go on.  I have a future and need to be present for it.  I am certain that more will be revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment