Monday, February 13, 2012

A (tiny) Big Surprise!

Last night we had some very surprising news.  Apparently, I am pregnant.  My doctors wanted me to wait two years.  I didn't intend to ignore their advice (at least not entirely) but I was careless with my birth control and it only takes one time!  The pregnancy doesn't add any risks for me regarding the cancer. The reason my doctors wanted me to wait because the first two years after treatment are the most common time that a recurrance happens. They just wanted me to get through the high risk time because (god forbid) if I had a recurrance while pregnant I would have to make some tough decisions (like being treated while pregnant, or delaying treatment, etc).  I am just going to trust that it won't be an issue.

I only thought this next year was going to be about figuring out myself and what comes next.  Apparently the universe had other ideas!  I trust that there is a greater plan at work here.  My initial thought is that it would have been really easy to get stuck in the doldrums of cancer, and a new baby will simply not allow for that.  Life goes on, literally.

So assuming this pregnancy sticks, I am due October 19th with baby number two!

No comments:

Post a Comment