Saturday, September 3, 2011

Rockin' Benefit

Wine, Women & Song is a benefit concert that raises money for the fight against breast cancer. It began in 1998, with first time producer, Susan Zelinsky. As of 2011, over $100,000 has been raised and given to local charities.
I have been involved with Wine, Women and Song for many years through their annual production "The Breast of Broadway".  We haven't had a show in a couple of years, frankly because it is a ton of work and the producers have been busy and overwhelmed with other endeavors.  However, Susan Z, the founder, has continued her original production of a rock and roll benefit featuring local singer/songwriters performing music by artists who have had breast cancer.  It's a wonderful show and really a fun night out.  This year, I will be joining these amazing artists on stage.

Clearly, this is a very personal cause for me now.  My heart was always connected with the mission of the group, and now I want to shout it from the mountain tops.  So I hope for those that can, you will come and rock out with us in support of Breast Cancer awareness, research and programs.

Wine Women and Song, Rack n Roll Music Breastival
19th Broadway
Fairfax, CA
October 1st, 9pm

1 comment:

  1. It makes my heart happy to see your name on a billboard for a performance again!!! Tra-la-la!

    ReplyDelete