Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Final Stretch

I am gearing up for the final stretch of treatment.  On Monday I will have my treatment planning appointment for radiation, and I should start the actual treatment by the end of next week.  I admit as I get closer my anxiety increases.  Not surprising as here I am, facing yet another "unknown" that could really negatively affect me.  I'm also still not quite 100% recovered from surgery (that takes months for most major surgeries) though am really improving day by day and have been able to get a great deal of normalcy back in my life.  I already feel a little bit beaten down just at the prospect of feeling crummy again.  Though its possible that I won't have any issues.

Ah the ever present joy of future-tripping over things I can't control.  Such a wasteful pastime of mine!  I genuinely hope I can get over this silliness someday.

1 comment:

  1. you are not alone in that future tripping! I can't tell you how many times I've stopped myself from thinking " ok, so if Dad does pass away I can do x,y and z to close down the house..." Believe me you are no alone in this. ;) I do it too. I'll be thinking of you on Monday!
    on the brighter side of things- you're that much closer to an AWESOME new rack! ;P
    -Jenny

    ReplyDelete