Saturday, September 10, 2011

Radiation

For a factual cancer update...

I am healing quite nicely from surgery.  I would say I am at a good 70-80%.  Considering it really takes months to get to 100% I feel pretty good about that.  I do have one more "fill" for my tissue expander which will happen this Wednesday, and those leave me a little sore.  Nothing too bad, it just takes a couple of days to recover.

My treatment planning appointment for radiation is scheduled for Monday September 19th.  This appointment will place me in a CT scan for a couple of hours while they collect a ton of information to compile with all of the information they already have (MRIs, PET scan, mammogram, etc).  All of this information goes into a super computer where an exact treatment plan will be determined by my Radiological Oncologist.  Once this plan is complete I will begin treatment.  We expect this will be at the end of the same week (so around the 22nd or 23rd).  Once I begin I will have 28-30 treatments.  Based on the timing, I should be done with treatment by the first couple of days of November.  Once that is all done, I will be officially done with treatment and moving on to observation.  I am so looking forward to that day.

I see the light at the end of the tunnel.  That is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment