Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Nursey- Final Viewing

I'm really proud of how the nursery turned out.  I think it is pretty and girly, but still classy and warm.  I realize that it will likely never look this way again, since everything will change once we are actually using it, so I wanted to share my vision for our baby girl's beautiful nursery.  Some of these pictures will look similar to what you've seen before, and others will be brand new!




The two blankets that you see were handmade for Isabella.  The purple one is from her great Noni, Marie, and the beige one is from her great aunt Judith.



"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." - Eleanor Roosevelt

 I made this for Isabella using wall stickers.  I loved the quilted look and the hummingbirds too.
A little nod to her great grandma Patricia.

 These were decorations from my baby shower that my sister's Sarah and KC threw.  KC actually made the dragonflies.  I used some of the butterflies and dragonflies to add to the mobile above the bed, and the rest you see here above the rocking chair.

I needed a small trashcan for the room and wasn't impressed with any of the "cute" ones that I saw.
So I bought a really basic plain white one, and used some of the leftover stickers!
I am very pleased with the result.


The table for the rocking chair.  I'm sure there will be a great deal of use for this eventually, but for now it is the home of our twilight turtle- at least until it is time to start using it.


"I feel just like a princess."  I hope she does in all the right ways. =)

The dresser and changing table.  I still haven't broken down the amazing diaper cake my friend Angela made, so it gets to live on the changing table until it is time to put it to use!

The closet.  This child already has so many clothes it is a little silly!  And these are only the ones that are 3 months or bigger!  I'm also ready for the shoe collection, which she is starting out with 6 pairs.  As you can see the closet is also storage for all those things we just can't use quite yet, including our diaper stash!

And finally the super cute laundry basket I found.  We'll see how it works out.  I may end up swapping my own with this one if it isn't convenient enough, but we'll go with cute for now!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful.....u're lil girl will surely feel like a princess....God Bless!

    ReplyDelete