Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Final Weekly Update

How far along? 39 Weeks

How big is baby? I am guessing she is just under 8 lbs and 21 inches.  Place your bets now folks!

Total weight gain/loss: Somewhere under 10 lbs total weight gain, though not entirely sure the actual number.  Looking forward to seeing what that scale says after she's out!

Maternity clothes? yes, though even those are a tad uncomfy at this point

Sleep: Still pretty well.  Up to pee, but easily napping during the day too.

Best moment this week: Just accepting that my birth "plan" is changing a little.

Movement: Every day and quite regularly.  Her active times are in the afternoon (after lunch) and late evening (between 9 and midnight usually).  I get some activity in the morning too, but nothing like the afternoon and evening.  It will be interesting to see if this is any indication of what her active cycles will be as an outside baby!

Food cravings: none

Food Aversions: none

Gender: All girl!

Labor Signs: no progress despite all these contractions.  Here's hoping that my induction is still smooth tomorrow with minimal medical intervention.

Belly Button in or out? In

What I miss: not feeling like the doctor's plaything.  I realize the precautions are all appropriate, but sometimes it's hard to accept when I know that there is in truth nothing to worry about.

What I am looking forward to: seeing my baby girl in the outside world.  I wonder if she'll have dark hair and olive skin like her daddy, or be more fair like me.  Will she come out with blue eyes, or brown?  So many exciting things to find out.

Weekly Wisdom: I say this in the most non-religious way possible, but- Let go, and let god.  We usually have little control over the way things go, and ultimately it will be perfect in its imperfection.  I trust that everything will be exactly as it should be, and that ultimately I always have the right to ask questions, and say no if something doesn't feel right.

Milestones: Scheduling induction!  Let's see when baby girl decides to actually join us!

Bump Picture: The final one!

No comments:

Post a Comment