Sunday, June 6, 2010

Welcome Baby Boy Shelah!

Katie, my college suite mate and one of my best friends, had her baby today!  She was three weeks ahead of me and hit 36 weeks today.  Since she has been battling pre-term labor since about 20 or so weeks, so we knew the baby would be joining us early.  She's been on strict bed rest since about 26 weeks (shortly after our trip to Disneyland together), and it has been a struggle to say the least for her.  Last night she took her last dose of meds to stop the contractions, enjoyed as good a night's rest as she good, and had her baby boy this afternoon via c-section.  He was 6.5 lbs and 18.5 inches- so a big guy for 36 weeks!  I don't know the little guy's name yet, but it sounds like mommy and baby are doing well.  Daddy Brian sent a photo to my phone and he looks great.

I can't wait for Baby Isabella to meet her cousin by friendship, baby boy Shelah!  We have a trip planned to Las Vegas in December if we can't all get together sooner.  Four adults, two babies and a 5.5 year old- should be fun! =)

Updated 6/7/10: We have a name!  Dominic Isaiah is the new baby's name.  Pretty cute I think!  Dominic was one of my favorites for boys name other than there are already too many in Nick's family.  So Isabella and Dominic get to grow up together.  Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment