Thursday, May 27, 2010

You know your baby is getting bigger when...

Wow, this baby has certainly grown recently!  I walked past our big sliding glass doors and windows in the dining room the other day and immediately said to Nick "do you see how big I am!?!".  Boy oh boy have we gotten bigger.

The craziest part is feeling her movement though.  I went from feeling taps and kicks and jabs, to pushes and shoves.  Last night Nick felt her for the first time in awhile and nearly every movement elicited the response of "woah!" because he didn't realize how strong she has gotten.  The funny thing is that the movement he was feeling, wasn't even very strong from my perspective!  As we were laying in bed though I had a "woah" moment and said "Nick can you feel this?" because I felt an actual body part poking me in the side and holding strong.  There was no kick or simple bump, this was a full on "mom I'm stretching out so you'd better make room for me!" moment.  Nick could feel it too.

After lunch today she started moving around (as she is prone to do) and it is actually starting to get sort of uncomfortable.  It feels like rolls and tumbles more than "kicks"- and this is a sensation I associate more with having an upset stomach than anything else.  I'm sure I will get used to it, just as you get used to the other oddities of pregnancy!  I do look forward to my appointments next week when I find out how big she actually is (well as accurately as an ultrasound can really tell you!).  I'm hoping she is right on target in the "average" percentiles for size.  The bigger she is, the high chance that they'll want to induce me earlier.  Though frankly with as uncomfortable as I am already getting, it is hard to imagine how I will feel in 8 weeks time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment