Sunday, May 16, 2010

Shower #1- Friends!

Yesterday was my first baby shower. It was hosted by my two wonderful sisters at my home, and was with all my girlfriends. I had a truly fabulous time.

The theme was based on my nursery- pink and green garden. Sarah and KC decorated with huge paper pom flowers, dragonflies, and butterflies.

The favors were adorable potted pink flowers.  My sisters even made me a "potted plant" of onesies, hats, etc.  It was very cute




The food was brunch, so we had Chinese Chicken Salad, quiche, fruit salad, veggies and dip, and bagels and shmear. Then for dessert we had cupcakes, strawberry shortcake cookies, and strawberries dipped in white chocolate and tangelo citrus sugar. Yummy!

We played a couple of non embarrassing games too. First up was the baby food tasting. Sarah brought a selection of items that she actually made/makes for her daughter, so none of that scary store bought jar stuff. The items were: spinach, carrots, chard, sweet potatoes, peas, blueberries, and oatmeal/bananas. Then there was a bottle full of jelly beans (guess how many are in there?). Finally everyone played "the price is right" with baby items. Most people were shocked at how expensive some of the items were! I kept joking with my girlfriends that are reaching baby stage- "doesn't it make you want to be pregnant now!?!"... =)

We wrapped things up with the gifts. I was blown away by my friends generosity and thoughtfulness. Also I have to say, I was reminded that my friends really have fantastic taste! I was not surprised by this in reality, but you hear these horror stories of baby showers that look like barbie just threw up all over the room because all you get is pink and frilly! Most of the (adorable) outfits that we received were blue, green, brown, etc. I was just laughing because I know that my friends have great taste, but admittedly some of those little girly outfits are just too hard to resist!

So it was really a wonderful, wonderful day. I get so busy with my life sometimes that I forget what an amazing circle of friends I have. So many amazing women in my life from all different areas. It was nice to have so many of them together in the same time and place. It also makes me excited that I am bringing another amazing woman into the world. But she gets to be a sweet baby girl first. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment