Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Weekly Update

How far along? 31 Weeks
How big is baby? 19 inches, head to toe and 3.9 pounds! (wow!  seriously nearly 4 lbs???  explains why I feel her so much these days!)

Total weight gain/loss: Still trying to avoid the scale to some extent but staying within that +/- 2lbs to pre-pregnancy weight.

Maternity clothes? I haven't even tried my pre-pregnancy pants in awhile.  I think I have one pair of jeans that might still fit, but I'm pretty happy in my dresses these days.
Sleep: seriously- I could sleep all day every day right now.  Or at least stay in bed that long and be totally happy.  I am EXHAUSTED all the time, despite sleeping pretty solidly (well relatively speaking for a pregnant lady).
Best moment this week: My family shower!  Such a wonderful reminder of the lineage that my baby girl is entering into!

Movement: She is a busy girl.  People want to feel too (like my mom etc) and it doesn't seem to be regular enough to share (even with Nick sometimes), but she is getting big and strong.  I feel her higher now too, well above my belly button, despite the fact that she is still sitting nice and low.  Just getting big I suppose!  There's a whole baby in there!

Food cravings: none

Food Aversions: nothing very unusual

Gender: All girl!

Labor Signs: Experiencing more frequent Braxton Hicks contractions.  Really only exercise induced (walking does it for sure, but I even had one in water aerobics the other night), or if I don't go to the bathroom quickly enough.  Amazing how a full bladder will let you know that you need to get moving!

Belly Button in or out? In

What I miss: Just having energy to function semi-normally on a regular basis.  I'm not sure how I am going to make it through 5 more weeks of work!

What I am looking forward to: Sorting through all of our baby items and getting her room organized!

Weekly Wisdom: Women are incredibly strong beings to endure pregnancy!

Milestones: not any true milestones that I can think of...

Bump Picture: Another semi cheat, but hey, it's a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment