Thursday, August 9, 2012

Blessed

Today was very hot in our hometown and since I'm pretty much only comfortable when it is 65-75 degrees (yes- a spoiled baby) after nap-time I decided Bella and I needed to beat the heat. We ran an errand, enjoyed some delicious ice cream and the picked up nick and pointed south. There was no destination other than watching the outside temperature gauge on my car until it hit acceptable numbers. We found ourselves approaching the golden gate bridge in traffic and decided to push through into the city. We ended up at a "family" restaurant in north beach. (These Italians- blood means a lot but you may be family without any actual blood relation. This is one of those people.) I had actually never been there and so thought it would be nice to check it out.

It was one of those nights that reminded me of how blessed I truly am. For all the hard stuff (and believe me- there is plenty) my family is amazing. We had a delicious meal as the setting but what made it great were nick and Bella. They laughed and played all through dinner and it was a total joy to watch. Nothing particular special or spectacular. Just a simple meal shared by three people who love each other. Hard to beat that.

No comments:

Post a Comment