Wednesday, August 10, 2011

One down...

Today was my post op appointment with my surgeon. She already removed one of my two drains! Woohoo! We expect the other one will be done in a few days so I will see her again on Tuesday fully expecting it to come out at that time. Less than a week for one and about 10 days for the second. Not too shabby.

Other news from the appointment? The unofficial pathology report! We will get an official copy but the lymph nodes were definitely negative and the tumor went from 4.6cm (ish) round (ish) to just spots over a 2cm area. No solid tumor left! And the margins were a big juicy 2-3 cms around it- so nice and clean.

All of this is the news we wanted. I had a nearly complete pathological response to chemo, a clean and successful surgery, and will finish out with radiation to lock in my cancer free state for good. I'm feeling really great and positive about all of this.

As for my surgery recovery- I'm still a little woozy from the meds but much improved. I had been on percocet since the hospital and decided that perhaps that was the cause of my never ending sleep cycle. I had some vicodan left over from chemo and decided to swap that in for one round of meds. I felt like a new person and kept it going. My energy is much improved as a result. I feel much more confident weening off the vicodan as appropriate as well. Still no lifting and lots of rest required but I feel like I'm on an upward trend.

I'll get my life (and my baby) back very soon! Though now maybe I can enjoy some of those movies and books I had in mind... 

No comments:

Post a Comment