Friday, August 12, 2011

Antsy pants

I'm feeling oddly antsy today. Considering that I woke up feeling like a freight train had run me over, it is a little unsettling. Perhaps a sign that my body continues to heal, allowing more energy to go to my brain. I'm thinking about things to do, plans to make, and most of all fun to have. Putting this in perspective though, I was up too long last night taking a bath, visiting and eating dinner, that I ended up sick. "Too long" was apparently two hours. Lesson learned but it sure puts a damper on my "get up and go" energy. I suppose that's part of why I'm busying myself with plans for the future!

One of the bigger topics I'm considering is my big 30th birthday/ I kicked cancers ass party. We need to pick a date and settle on some basic details. Nick wants to go really big, but I'm looking at the reality that we are still paying off our fertility bill. So the fine line between I deserve the best and let's be smart about this is what I'm walking.

So does anyone have any suggestions for awesome party locations that can hold a good number of people (maybe around 80?) and is still semi frugal? I'm imagining a cocktail party with dancing and fun fun fun! Something to look forward to for sure. I am ready to celebrate!

2 comments:

  1. Karey my love! I have a "Venue Menu" for Marin that I put together about 2 years ago to help me plan parties and events for the Museum. I've held events in a few of them too and can offer specific recommendations-but can email that to you next week when I get back to the office, if you'd like! Glad to hear your energy is back-but certainly not surprised. Stay strong and keep healing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karey! What about Ondine in Sausalito? It's on the water, they have all different set priced choices for drinks and dinner and it's private. Xxoo

    ReplyDelete