Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Another perspective

Yesterday I was not doing well.  I was feeling my mortality and the weight of this disease.  I was really thinking about how many women eventually succumb to this disease even if it is 30 years down the line with a recurrence.

Today I was talking to my dad about this.  He reminded me how much we learn every day about this disease and how much better we are treating it today than we were even 10 years ago.

I know that we will know so incredibly much more about this disease in 10, 20 and 30 years down the line.  Heck, by then, maybe we will even know how to cure it.

It was a good reminder that I can easily buy into to alleviate my fears.  So no more stressing about that. =)

On another note, I am officially off duty for party planning.  I was informed that it wasn't my job.  So I shared my ideas for the evening and have handed off the responsibility to Nick.  I'm sure it will be a wonderful evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment