Friday, June 10, 2011

Sweetness

Isabella is seriously one of the sweetest babies I have ever met.  I'm sure all parents (or most) would say that about their children, but I really think it is true.  Although she is quite opinionated (and vocal about said opinions) she is the biggest love too.  She has taken to waking us up each morning by giving us kisses.  She wakes up, starts moving, crawls over to one of us (usually me first) and plants a big, wet, open mouth kiss on our faces.  Let me tell you, when you are exhausted after a rough night (sadly with teething we still have those frequently), it is a reminder of why you had a baby to begin with.  You can't be mad at that.  It is just pure love.

This loving behavior goes on throughout the day as Isabella showers us with love.  Every so often she will just grab you and give you a great big kiss.  She hasn't learned to hug yet, but when she takes your head with both of her hands and plants a sloppy kiss on you, it is such whole hearted intentional love, its the best.

These are the things that help remind me what matters.  When the burden of life is feeling too great to carry, I just need to look at my little girls face.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, you made your mama cry with this one! Watching you with Bella is the sweetest experience..and she is,, without a doubt one Bright Joy Light!
    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live for these stories, Karey! How magical. She is seriously one of the sweetest babies I have ever met too! XO

    ReplyDelete